Our class leading experience enables us to offer the communications sector value-focused design, installation, commissioning and asset maintenance solutions. Our complete focus on our clients’ customers ensures that their service delivery experience is exemplary.
McNicholas also provide 24 hour network management and support 365 days a year and have the capability to provide full-time network management and support when required.
We can advise on feasibility, programming and contact with regulatory authorities and other interested third parties. We also deliver design and planning application, route surveys and whole life noticing activities via our in house works control service whilst liaising with the network distribution operators and street-work managers.
- comprehensive underground, ground condition surveys and complex trial excavations
- planning, installation, maintenance and enhancement of underground and overhead trunk and distribution networks, including internal wiring
- fibre optic and copper installations, testing and commissioning
- installation of broadband, CATV, CCTV, telephony and satellite services
We partner some of the world’s largest communications companies, offering turnkey capability in design, construction, commissioning and maintenance.
McNicholas is proactively engaging with future clients to meet the needs of a world that is increasingly demanding of back bone infrastructure capacity whether that be through the recognised providers or smaller private network operators. We are prepared for the growing requirement for smart metering and in-housing of telemetry.
Our teamworking and accountability for delivery, combined with the use of latest technologies allows us to minimise disruption to communities and stakeholders, whilst maximising benefit to our clients’ customers.
- historical database relating to communications networks allows us to advise clients on feasibility, route designs and issues such as risk mitigation
- early engagement to unlock opportunity
- programme management, local authority liaison, statutory undertaker and other third party interfaces
- nationwide civil engineering support combined with multi-utility capability
- initial planning, route surveys, noticing and design, utilising BIM compliant 3D mapping
In Telecommunications McNicholas has achieved the following awards and accreditations