We have been involved in the design and construction of wind farms across the UK representing over 500 megawatts of installed capacity.
We provide design, planning, project management, civil and electrical engineering services in renewable energy:
- feasibility studies, initial survey, data capture, civil and electrical design
- contestable connections
- site geology assessments
- liaison with all stakeholders
- expertise in environmental and sustainable methods of construction
- principal contractor for turnkey projects
- HV operating procedures and safety rule management
- GIS and CAD including as-built drawings
- testing, acceptance and commissioning
McNicholas have been involved in the design of construction of wind farms throughout the UK totalling in excess of 500 MW of generating power. Projects include wind farms at Gruig, Rhyl Flats, Scout Moor, Glassmoor, Ffynnon Oer, Red Tile, Burbo, Lissett, Kelburn and Jacks Lane.
By working closely with the client and landowners, we ensure that all stakeholders' needs are met with minimal site disruption, full environmental compliance and conformance to planning approval requirements.
By providing a total service, we can reduce costs for the developer and shorten the overall project delivery time.
In Renewable Energy McNicholas has achieved the following awards and accreditations