McNicholas provides a comprehensive range of cost-effective civil engineering services at small and large scale projects with both private and public clients.
We have diverse expertise in a range of specialised areas, including site selection and utilisation, feasibility studies, utilities assessment, site/civil engineering design and permitting, and project and programme management.
Project management is carried out by experienced managers with proven track records in the utilities, rail, highways, defence, environmental, ports and general infrastructure sectors.
Our depth of knowledge and resource encompasses a multidisciplinary approach that allows us to meet the challenges and specific needs of each project.
We have the experience and capability to manage major infrastructure schemes and can deliver projects, on a design and build or build only basis.
We provide added benefits through early involvement with projects, giving clients both commercial and programme advantage and the opportunity to develop innovative solutions to increase certainty, improve value and mitigate risk.
We advise on feasibility, programming and contact with statutory bodies and other interested third parties, and conduct detailed underground and ground condition surveys. McNicholas has a wealth of expertise to bring to any project.
McNicholas is team oriented, which gives us the opportunity to work on multiple aspects of very complicated assignments and to bring innovation and value to our clients whilst mitigating their risks.
Our services also include land, environmental, and right-of-way/wayleave surveys, master drainage planning and design, master utilities planning and design, detailed site plans, regulatory approvals and permits, mitigation plans, cost estimating, scheduling, and construction phase services.
For many clients, our expertise is just one element of a reassuring full turnkey service including feasibility, planning, design, commissioning, operation and maintenance, including:
- multi-utility infrastructure including gas and water pipelines, electrical and fibre optic cabling
- rail infrastructure including civil engineering, electrification and plant, and telecommunications
- wind farms, hydro-electric, biomass and bio gas plants
- telecommunications and telemetry networks
- waste and recycling facilities
- treatment works and pumping stations
- drainage and flood alleviation projects
- retaining walls, culverts and water-retaining structures
- installing state-of-the-art telemetry and MEICA services
- urban regeneration